Summertime Farmers Market Recipes
Our owner, Celia, had a great time at the Stripaggio Chef’s Demo at Brookhaven Farmer’s Market where she showed others how to make a Summer Peach Vinaigrette as well as a simple Caprese Salad with Strippaggio Balsamic and Olive Oil. Read below so you can make these recipes this weekend!
July finds us in the prime of peach season and this year’s crop of Georgia Peaches are spectacular. Find the freshest peaches from Watsonia Farms and Pearson Farms at many Atlanta farmers markets including Brookhaven and Grant Park. This zesty peach vinaigrette is the perfect companion to a summer salad.
- 6 cups of mixed greens
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ½ cup of toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup of peach puree – one small ripe peach peeled and blended in blender
- 1/3 cup of Strippaggio peach balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup of Strippaggio Cook’s Blend olive oil
- Pinch of Fleur de Sel sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine mixed greens, sliced peaches, onion and toasted pumpkin seeds.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together peach puree and peach balsamic vinegar.
whisk in olive oil and emulsify.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly pour over salad mixture and toss to incorporate
This simple salad that originated in Capri, demands the freshest ingredients. No hothouse tomatoes allowed! Only use the freshest seasonal tomatoes, real cow’s milk mozzarella, high quality olive oil, freshly cracked pepper and crunchy sea salt. Any of our thick, syrupy balsamic vinegars will be great on this salad!
- 2 or 3 large tomatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 package of Buffalo Mozzarella, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 cup of basil leaves
- ¼ cup of Strippaggio Basil Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of Strippaggio Barrel Aged balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Strippaggio Cyprus Flake salt to taste
- Using a serrated knife, slice the tomatoes crossways
- Slice the mozzarella into round disk
- Tear basil loosely
- Place the tomatoes and mozzarella on plate in alternating layers horizontally
- Sprinkle basil over the top of the dish
- Drizzle with basil olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle Cyprus flake salt and pepper sparingly over the top of the dish
Comments are closed